The Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter 2.0 is Now Live on the Microsoft Download Center
UPDATE: 10/21/2014: The MVMC 3.0 is now released with P2V functionality restored.
The Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter 2.0 is available! The Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter provides a supported, freely available, stand-alone solution for converting VMware-based virtual machines and virtual disks to Hyper-V-based virtual machines and virtual hard disks (VHDs).
There is also a release of an update to the Migration Automation Toolkit (MAT). This is a collection of PowerShell scripts that will automate conversions using MVMC. You can use it to convert several machines at once, on a single server – or scale it out and execute conversions on many servers at the same time.
With the release, you will be able to access many new features including:
- On-premises VM to Azure VM conversion
- PowerShell interface for scripting and automation support
- Added support for vCenter & ESX(i) 4.1, 5.0 and now 5.5
- VMware virtual hardware version 4 – 10 support
- Linux Guest OS support including CentOS, Debian, Oracle, Red Hat Enterprise, SuSE enterprise and Ubuntu.
- Migration Automation Toolkit support for MVMC 2.0
Migration Automation Toolkit (MAT)
MVMC Converter Download